Hair testing is a new age tool for the detection of, drug and alcohol abuse by an individual. The complete history of one’s drug and alcohol abuse can be determined, due to the biomarkers trapped in the hair fibers. If the strand is collected close to the scalp, it can determine the history of the past 3 months of alcohol and drug abuse.
DNA testing is a powerful tool for a person’s identification and has many applications, such as:
Each cell in one’s body contains the complete set of his DNA and carries the genetic code, made up of 3 billion pairs. 99.9% of DNA from two different people is identical and the remaining 0.1% varies from person to person and contains the respective genetic markers.
DNA testing looks for the similarities in genetic markers, from different biological samples. The sample can be from almost anywhere in the body, such as skin, hair follicles, blood or other bodily fluids.
There is always a small chance that two different people's genetic markers could be the same, especially if they are related and to reduce the chances of error, more than one genetic marker is tested. The chances of two unrelated people having an identical DNA profile, is less than one in a billion.
Pre-employment physicals are commonly used by employers to screen a potential hire for drug and alcohol abuse, in order to maintain a drug-free and workplace and to ensure employee safety. This preventive step mitigates the risks of any drug-related accidents at the workplace. There are various different methods used for conducting pre-employment physicals. Urine tests are the most common of them all, but hair, nail clippings, blood, or saliva can also be used for testing purposes. Test requirements vary with the cost and the time frame of every respective test. While a urine drug test screens for recent drug abuse, a hair drug test can provide the history of drug abuse done before 30 days and up to 6 months. A pre-employment physical examination usually screens for the following five drugs:
Spirometry is an easy test done to diagnose about the functioning of lungs and is often done as part of pulmonary function tests. This test is done to check the airflow in your lungs, therefore before taking this test:
If you have previously been diagnosed with some chronic lung disorder, spirometry can be used for periodic check-ups of your breathing. Spirometry may also be done before a certain surgeries to check if, your lungs are fit enough for the operation. Additionally, spirometry is also used for occupation screening.
Spirometry is an upcoming test and is one of the latest innovations in medical industry. It is coming soon and would be made available with the best in-class equipment.